2D1N CUSCO EXPERIENCE
with options for 3D2N and 4D3N
At 7:30 a.m. in the morning, we will pick you by private vehicle from your hotel for a great Sacred Valley tour. We will drive over the “Ccorao” pass above Cusco to descend on a winding road to the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Here we will hike on Inca trails through the magnificent Inca citadel of PISAC considered as one of the outstanding Inca remains because of the quality of the stonework and breath-taking location on a mountain saddle overlooking the Sacred Valley. After a 1 1/2hour visit and hike, we will drive down the mountain for a short visit to the colonial town of the same name with a quick stop at their famous Indian handicraft market. Afterwards we will drive following the Urubamba River downstream to Urubamba city; here we will visit the local food market and have lunch at a local restaurant nearby. Afterwards we will visit Ollantaytambo, considered the most authentic living Inca town. This town has been continuously inhabited since Inca times until the present, conserving its original urban layout and stone walled homes. A guided walking tour through the extensive ruins and cobblestone paved narrow streets will make you feel like you are travelling back in time. You take the 4:30 pm train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes/Machu Picchu and stay at Hotel in Aguas Calientes for the night. L, Dinner on your own.
Early wake up to take the bus up to Machu Picchu in time to enjoy the sunrise over the Inca citadel (optional hike to Wayna Picchu at this point). Our Guide will provide an introduction to Machu Picchu and begin an in-depth tour of the this World Heritage site and later enjoy some time wandering and wondering in the midst of its eternal beauty before we exit. We’ll take the bus down to the town of Aguas Calientes and have time to eat lunch on your own at one of the local restaurants before we board the return train to Ollantaytambo and Cusco. B, Lunch on your own.
Machu Picchu regulations allow a maximum of 250 people to enter this portion of the Inca Trail each day. Also, a maximum of 400 people to enter to Wayna Picchu each day. For Wayna Picchu hike you need to add US$70.00 to price (based on availability)
- Machu Picchu Entrance.
- Service of a local official tour guide(s).
- Meals mentioned at the end of each day in the itinerary.
- Tickets for the bus up/down from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes (Hotel Sierra Andina or similar). Hotel Upgrade available.
- Train to Machu Picchu and back. (Including transport to hotel in Cusco.)*
- Meals not specified on itinerary.
- BTG (Entrance fee to Cusco and Sacred Valley sites)
ADD ANY OF THESE EXTENSIONS TO ENHANCE AND COMPLETE YOUR VISIT
You add hotels and visits of interest in Cusco and surroundings.
- Transfers in and out in Cusco. (from/to airport)
- City Tour and nearby ruins of Cusco. (BTG not included)
- 2 Hotel nights in Cusco. (One night before and the other one after your trek).
You can choose hotels in 3 levels: (Prices based in double occupancy)
You return back from Machu Picchu to Ollantaytambo and stay overnight at local hotel, next day travel to Cusco visiting Moray (known as the Inca Agricultural Laboratory), short hike to the Salt mines of Maras and visit the Traditional town of Chinchero with Inca Ruins and Colonial Church.
- 1 night at hotel in Ollantaytambo.
- Transfer by private vehicle to Cusco.
- Guided visits to Moray, Maras and Chinchero.
- Box Lunch